Thursday, May 27, 2010

Decision thoughts ...


I was listening to the radio last night ... a matter of making decision was debated on. The response was "I will plan after the decision has been made." Now, I am no expert or wise person, but I have been riddled with this statement for quite the better half of the night.


Making a decision involves many people contrary to popular belief. The person making the decision, the people involved in the decision, the people supporting the people involved in the decision, the people surrounding this people who are supporting the people in the decision ... I always believed in planning as far as the eyes can see. No doubt we cannot predict everything that is going to happen (no crystal ball strong enough for the predictions) but I always feel compelled to prepare as many safety nets as possible. To always be as considerate as possible to the people involved in the decision - directly or not directly.


On the other hand, I realise that the personal choice to dive and test the swimming ability later, is a popular choice. These people say


"I will learn to swim once I am in the water"
"If there is a shark in the water, I will deal with it if it comes"
"Swim how long? Till I am tired, I guess?"

I am a cautious pessimistic person in all that respect. However, I noticed that these people take life in stride better than I do. Life is an open field to play in - unlike for me - it is a maze with multiple choices and no U-turn signs. Perhaps I need to learn to dive to. To take the first step and play it as it comes. Perhaps.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

De Jun.. life would be fun if you take risk.

You learn when you fall. Just tell yourself you must stand up again :) hehehe

chua said...

the greatest enermy to mankind is --inertia. people avoid making key decision out of fear, stupidity,lethargy tradition etc etc...
you make decision based on the info you know at that time. as you progress you know more facts that may change your decision. so just make thing happen based on the info you have at that time and change as you progress due to new info/facts. don't worry about others as they should worry what decision they want to make based on your decision . they have their choice .
fr ur financer
(borrowed id)

chua said...

if ,out of 10 decision made, 7 were corrected , you are good (according to the leadership guru )the 3 that were wrong, you just need to make another decision to correct them.!!
so just continue to make decision to move forward.............