Sunday, June 21, 2009

I am grateful


I am grateful for everything that has been given to me. A home, a family and education (still in process :P). A series of recent event helped remind me that I have had so much receiving but not a lot of giving.

It is actually a story about a PDA :D



About 15 months back, my Dad discussed with me and he agreed to fund my OWN PDA :D I was over the moon! I am not an IT savvy guy ... so, owning something like that is a blessing and a curse at the same time :D However, my Dad saw it fit to help me in my studies and went on with the decision to foot out almost 2.5K for it.



I was the proud owner of a HTC.



Since then, I have diligently read the manual to maximise it's use (and my brother can testify that I don't do that with every new electronic item in the house.



The PDA has been a great tool and life saver many times. Unfortunately, it had to weather a breakable pouch, falling on tar road (I think many ppl will remember my depress mood last year :P) and of course swimming class (literally ~ no joke!)

About one month ago, my PDA finally gave way. The screen went blank. Unfortunately, it seemed destined not to light back up with a whooping minimum of RM 900 just to get it fixed. *Point to note ~ I have been told that the model is removed of the market because too many problems? Just rumours I heard.

Anyway, I felt burned and bummed.



My Dad (the man who originally paid for my first PDA plus repairs ...) offered to buy another PDA. (If it were I, I would probably had told my son to just study the old fashion way ... after all money DOES NOT grow on trees).



I was afraid of another PDA repeated story. I was afraid of a sequel with the same plot.

But my Dad paid for another. I don't know what to say.




Thank you Daddy. You have always been generous in everything you gave me. I have never felt as if you denied any of my desire. You were always willing to go the extra mile for me. Thank you.



Happy Daddy Day!


PS: I promise to do my best to take care of this phone.

PSS: Special thanks to all who comforted me when my phone when down. To A, thanks for lending me your spare phone for 3 weeks. To KC, thanks for helping me set up my new phone. Last but not least, to my loving cousins down south who helped me get the phones. Thank you.

4 comments:

chua said...

such a sweet blog. but then that has always been you. Now you know why you got your second pda.
on the light side, you can now buy a steel chain and chain it to yourself. heh heh heh

chua said...

we made the concoction 22 years ago.now we have to nuture n provide the basic foundation to transform a cute baby to a handsome young boy to a responsible fine adult.
So far the concoction is positive and is near completion. .........sweat-lah fr the y chromosome donor

djun said...

:D Thank you for the vote of confidence :D

~*eley *~ said...

i also want a new phone lahhhh!!!~