Thursday, August 28, 2008

Kaj & Christene's 21st Birthday

On the night of 27th of August, I celebrated the birthday of two people so like each other yet will wage war against each other if they have to. To my friends K & C, welcome to the world of adulthood. :D

Taken by Kiku Zakura waitress but it is my only group photo so bear with me: SY, A, C, LW, K, me (on the left) & J, CM, C, B, Yy (on the right) ... Apologies to those that the photo did not do justice to :P
K & me :D


C & CM :D

After much debate between me & J, we finally decided to surprise them on an in between date. C's birthday is on 26th of August while K's is on 28th of August, so, we agreed upon 27th of August. Simple maths, no? The venue, Kiku Zakura is thanks to B. Hehe He pulled a lot of strings to get us the venue. I hoped that K will finally be able to say he has tried good jap food (past experience were poor :P)


C found out that the wasabi is served as cute leaf impressions.



Tempura by Kiku Zakura (K's order)

Udon by Kiku Zakura (C's order)

J ordered something cheese... ? Looks nice though :P

Anyway, the night began late (due to us all being Malaysian's :P & of course the heavy downpour leading to heavy traffic) (Murphy's Law?). Fortunately, we managed to surprise them because they didn't know so many people came (11 plus the celebrities)! The cake was the highlight though! The ice cream dog cake gave all the girls something to scream about! But the best cake award goes to CM and her 21 cupcakes. Ohhh! Sinfully delicious ... hmm, we are all now thinking of ways to get her to continue cooking in S'ban :P


The cupcakes!! (Trying very hard not to drool) :P



The ice cream cake ... hehe truth was it was suppose to be brown ... ah well, it worked well anyway :D

A special thanks to my partner's in crime J & B. To all who attended & those whose hearts were with us but not unfortunately unable to be there, thank you! Last but not least to the two newly 21st, I hope you had a great time and that the years to come are filled with many more laughters. Happy 21st Birthday.

PS: My sincere apologies due to poor photos (my camera old mah!)

No comments: